Tuesday, September 15, 2009

My Birthday! & Dave Matthews

Come one, come all! Celebration is in the air! For it is (was) my birthday!

Happy Birthday to Me! #26



For my birthday Chrissy had 3 days of fun planned out for me. This was a surprise to me even though I had told her not to have any surprises. Day one began on the day of (Sept. 2nd; mark your calenders for next year ;) Chrissy knows that I love meat, so what better place to take me then an Argentinian grill! A giant slab of Strip Steak complete with mashed potatoes and green beans. What could be better?

We then came back and had some homemade Ice Cream cake! Yes, that's right. Homemade! Oreo cookie crust, oreo cookie and brownie fudge ice cream and chocolate frosting topping with sprinkles on top (sprinkle, sprinkle, sprinkle).


Then came present time! What could it be.... SOCKS! No really, I wanted some good pairs of socks so I got some. Chrissy has been complaining that all my socks have holes in them and that I need a new pair of sandals. So I got some sweet new sandals too! I had also been talking about brewing my own beer for awhile now, but have never made the initiative to do so. therefore Chrissy got me my own beer making kit.

Mr. Beer


Day two continued with more awesomeness. I am always asking Chrissy to give me back rubs and massages. I'm sure she's gotten sick of it so she decided to have someone else do it for her. We went to a quaint little health and human wellness boutique in Capitol Hill that was actually a giant house. The massage was, of course, amazing! How could it not be? The only bad part was that it wasn't 3 hours longer.

Day three couldn't possibly be better than the previous days, could it? OH YES IT WAS!!! If you know me, you know my affinity for video games. Therefore we went to a giant arcade for my birthday!!! I felt like I was 12 years old again. We even got a party room complete with pizza, drinks, and cake. But it gets better. Included with the celebration was an HOUR game card for everyone to play ANY game they wanted to. Have I died and gone to heaven? I think I have.




After breaking a sweat playing so many sweet games, we decided to get even sweatier at a local dance club/bar for their monthly first friday funk nights at Lo-Fi. $5 all you can dance complete with two dance floors and Dj's spinning some of the funkiest hits from all era's. It even has a classic photo booth!





Sunday was a continuation of awesomeness because we were going to see the Dave Matthews Band at the infamous Gorge outdoor amphitheater located along the Columbia river's canyon in George, Washington. There really couldn't be a more beautiful location to hold a concert. Not only is the background breathe taking, the acoustics are second to none. Better than any indoor concert I have ever been to. The Yonder Mountain String Band began the night with some bluegrass jam rock. Then came G. Love and Special Sauce with a little funk for our feet. Dave Matthews then blew the stars out of the sky with an amazing performance. He began with the song Typical Situation with a slow heart felt intro, a huge energy jam in the middle and ended it real slow again. He also had a 30 min rendition of Two Step which was really sweet. It has been an on going tradition to go see Dave for the last ~7 years and the tradition will continue indefinitely. What could be better? Oh yeah, free camping! [See Memorial Weekend Part 1 blog for pictures of the camp grounds]




Thus concludes almost a full week of shear greatness! Thanks again to Chrissy for being such a wonderful girlfriend! You are the best!

Stay tuned for two more blogs coming later this week.

3 comments:

  1. WOW what an awesome birthday you had Ben. Happy Birthday by the way:) Glad to hear that you got to see Dave Matthews at the Gorge, I'm sure it was a memorable time. Sorry we missed u guys in Vegas last weekend, couldn't figure out how to do it with the new baby...maybe next time, hope you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Braeden and Preston sooo want to come to Ben's Birthday next year!

    ReplyDelete