Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Snow Day!

So if you are not aware, Seattle gets very little snow. Sure we have surrounding mountains that have a plethora of snow, but here in the city it will only snow maybe once a year. Yesterday and today are one of those days.


Though it was only about an inch or two, things got out of control. Seattle drivers are terrible as it is, much less when it's raining and god foribbid that it snows. Of course nobody was prepared, even though they had ample time to get ready. Bald summer tires + icy/snowy roads mixed with hills = traffic jams. Actually a traffic jam is an understatement. Every single highway was 1-2 mph traffic. Literally. It took me nearly 2 & 1/2 hours to get home when it normally takes me 25 minutes. I was even cutting through parking lots and taking back roads home. It was absolute chaos and it nearly drove me insane. Good thing I was prepared and put on my sweet snow tires. I hit the SNOW traction setting on my 4 wheel drive and completely dominated the snow and icy hills. Man I love my car! Here is a video of my drive home (of course I had to have a little fun ;)




Here is another video I found of an icy street by our place:




No comments:

Post a Comment