Thursday, December 22, 2011

Date night for a Degree

As you may know, I have been going to Seattle University for the past two years to earn my Master's of Business Administration (MBA) Degree with a specialization in Leadership. This December I handed in my last (20 page, ugh!) paper and said goodbye to Pigott Hall! Seattle U has given me many things in addition to a great education. It has rooted me in the community and provided access to great, intelligent people. I can't imagine feeling as connected to Seattle as I do today without this program. Yet, even still I am still excited and proud to say, I have officially GRADUATED!!!

As a wonderful husband would, Ben took me out on a full day extravaganza to celebrate. We really have had little time to be together with school occupying much of my time, so it was great to have a whole day to spend trolling around in our cool city.

Our first stop was at the Seattle Art Museum (SAM) for a stroll through the Asian exhibit called Luminous. We especially enjoyed an interactive exhibit that had an arch way that had birds suddenly fly away as you walked through.
Next we headed down to Pike's Place Market. It is beautiful this time of year with all the decorations and the hustle and bustle of Christmas.

Third, Ben surprised me and took me to Coastal Kitchen for dinner. I have been dying to eat here since we moved and it did not disappoint! This restaurant has a constantly changing menu moving to a different coastal city every few months. They redecorate the space and serve authentic food to the location. This time it was Venice! I enjoyed a real Italian meal just like we had back in Sept in Italy. The tiramisu and limoncello were just like I remember them!

As if that weren't enough, Mr. Ben had more in store! We headed back to Belltown where I thought he may take me to Gameworks where there were many Santas outside for the Santacon celebration. Luckily that wasn't the case;) Instead he had tickets to Arthur Christmas! (I love Christmas movies:) So we settled in to a cute story on the real meaning of Christmas.

It was a great day & a wonderful way to wrap up all the hard work I put into getting my degree!
Did I marry a keeper or what?!

2 comments: