Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Macklemore Pizza Party!

Hey there music lovers!  As you all know, Ben and I are OBSESSED with Macklemore & Ryan Lewis.  From dancing at our wedding to his 'And We Danced' song, to seeing him in concert many times, buying albums, posting videos, wearing "my city's filthy" t-shirts, and funding his kickstarter, you could say we have been fans for a bit.  Most recently Macklemore hosted a contest to do some sort of artistic expression of the Heist Flag.

Ben, having both a creative and engineering mind, decided to create the flag using 3D modeling CAD software. He then used a 3D printer to print it out of plastic.  He then painted it and took photos of his creation to submit!  And Lo and Behold!  HE WON!  It earned us tickets to a secret event!  We got to join 100 others and their guests at the Colombia City Theater!  It was thrilling to be a part of this special show. 
  We were interviewed by some folks at Craker Jackd who sponsored the event, but didn't make the final cut of their video.  Boo :(
 

In other news, I unveiled my new RED hair :)
We had pizza and drinks and sang along to Macklemore & Ryan Lewis as they performed.
BUT!!!  The highlight of the evening was the unveiling of their newest video "Can't Hold Us".  It's epic!  Check it out below.

 

Raise those hands, this is our party!  We came here to live life like nobody was watchin'.  I got my city right behind me, if I fall, they got me.  Learn from the failure, gain humility, and then we keep marchin'!


No comments:

Post a Comment