Wednesday, July 31, 2013

My 30th Birthday!

Well folks, I have officially entered the next decade of my life.  The thirties.  While I haven't been over-joyed to think I'll be leaving behind my 20's, so far life is looking bright!  To help me celebrate my birthday I thought Ben was going to take me out to dinner, just the two of us.  To my surprise, he had coordinated with my dear friend, Leilani, and threw me a surprise party on my real birthday night!  I arrived at Serious Pie to find 14 of my close friends sitting in the back.  I was shocked, and delighted!



We enjoyed some delicious pizza and a chocolate dessert.  I had such a wonderful night. 
I love surprises!!

That Saturday we had already planned an all day bash at the Egan abode complete with both a keg of Manny's and root beer!  Ben manned the grill and we enjoyed a full day with friends.  I didn't take many photos, but here are the few that I have.

 To my delight, I had TWO requests to make me a birthday cake.  My good friend, Sarah, made me the amazing orange curd cake below.  It was gone within 5 mins of cutting into it!
 Then my 12 year old neighbor who was taking a cake decorating class decided to use the three tier wedding cake for me on my 30th bday!  Look at the size of that thing!  It was a beauty.
 I had so much fun celebrating with cake, root beer floats, and friends!  Until next year...



2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a happy birthday Chrissy! I love that gray dress;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking great Chrissy! Your going to own the 30s!

    ReplyDelete