Sunday, September 22, 2013

Ben's 30th Birthday

Now it's time for my 30th birthday! It started out with some close friends gathering at my favorite restaurant, Applebees. Eating good in the neighborhood. It was great to see work friends and other friends coming together. Even my coworker Dylan, the elusive guy that never comes out to anything, showed up! Though he's on strict diet so he brought his own meal.



Me and Leslie had to celebrate our birthdays together with a shot of "Duck Fart". Yummm!


We then headed back to enjoy my favorite cake in the world, Oreo Ice Cream cake from Dairy Queen!!!




On thursday, my friend Chirag from Texas showed up. He said he was in town for an interview (he's trying to move back to Seattle). I didn't think much of it since he was just here a month ago. On friday Chrissy took us out to eat at the Ram for some burgers and beer. On the way there, I though she was lost as she headed to the airport. Then it hit me, we were picking someone up! My friend Matt!!!! He flew in from Wisconsin for my birthday! Turns out that Chirag actually flew in for my birthday as well and he didn't actually have an interview. Man I got some great friends.



On an ice cream high and elated from the arrival of my friends, we return home. I step in the door from the garage and BAM! Surprise! I realize there is 20-30 people there just as I get hit in the face with silly string. I am in shock the rest of the night not only since there were so many people there to celebrate my birthday but also because Chrissy had planned this surprise birthday party since last October! That's 11 months. Wow I have the BEST wife in the world and fantastic friends to match. I feel so loved.




Yes, that's a 32 oz can of High Life :)




Nope, not pregnant, nor fat. Just playing with balloons.


The rest of the weekend was spend eating Chinese food and listening to many great artists at the Bumbershoot music festival. What a perfect way to spend the rest of my birthday weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment